Health & Wellness Intern-Charlotte, NC
This position is responsible for supporting the overall direction and development of the Health and Wellness programs for employees at Verizon Wireless. The Intern will support the facilitation of fitness assessments (including health history, height, weight, circumference measurements, body composition, heart rate, blood pressure, submax VO2 bicycle testing, flexibility testing through the use of a sit and reach test, and muscular strength and endurance tests utilizing push-up and sit-up protocols). You will conduct equipment orientations including both cardiovascular and resistance equipment, provide one-on-one training, nutritional advice and exercise prescriptions. In addition, you will ensure a safe and clean facility by checking equipment, addressing and correcting malfunctions and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies. Members will look to you to assist them in charting their attendance and progress. You will support the development of incentive programs and motivation programs, assist with health promotion activities including seminars, lectures and workshops on a variety of health and wellness topics including nutrition, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, time and stress management, relaxation techniques, and more. The types of programs you will be involved with include flu shots, wellness messages, health screenings, motivational programs, smoking cessation classes, blood drives, body composition and blood pressure checks, massage therapy and charitable events
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced work environment.
- CPR, First Aid & AED Certification required.
- Experience with fitness testing and personal training strongly preferred.
- Group exercise instructor experience a plus.
- A genuine commitment to encourage and motivate others to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle through personal example.
Internships are available for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. We are currently hiring for SPRING.
Job Type: Internship