Disability:IN SC Lowcountry Marketing and Communications Intern
Disability:IN SC Lowcountry Marketing Services Intern
General Statement of Job
Under the supervision of the Disability:IN SC Lowcountry board, the Marketing Services Intern will provide marketing services for a few events, assist in monitoring, updating, and communicating through our social media platforms, promote information about the Disability:IN SC Lowcountry and solicit information to businesses for additional members. This individual would attend internal board meetings to gather marketing requirements, and assist in: developing a marketing communication plan; designing marketing pieces; preparing press releases; updating web site pages and other social media outlets; and researching and finalizing sponsorship opportunities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Example of Duties:
Gather marketing requirements for upcoming programs and events through consistent interaction with the Disability:IN SC Lowcountry board
Assist with the development of marketing communication through our social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linked In as well as on our website
Identify research and qualify potential sponsors, partners, etc.
Utilizing the existing member database reach out to these businesses to promote Disability:IN SC Lowcountry. At the same time, seek out other businesses to add to our potential member database with a goal of 50 new potential member contacts
Seek out grant opportunities that may be appropriate for the promotion of disability inclusion in the workplace
Assist with creative designing, development and production of a variety of agency-wide materials, including informational and educational brochures, newsletters, reports, flyers, and other promotional materials to be distributed to the public
Participate in the writing and distribution of news releases on all Disability:IN SC Lowcountry programs and special events to media outlets including local and regional print media, television and radio stations
Work with the board to develop and maintain information on the agency’s website
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions effectively and to work with supervision in a responsible and competent manner
- Ability to accept directions from those in a supervisory capacity; to be able to accept constructive criticism and to project outstanding, positive public relations
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the Disability:IN SC Lowcountry board
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in oral and written form
- Ability to generate required work on a timely basis, with a high degree of accuracy, in proper format
- Knowledge of social media practices
- Ability to generate and research business membership and sponsorship leads
Minimum Training and Experience
A student with experience in marketing, communication, journalism, English or a related field.
Working Conditions and Physical Abilities
A flexible schedule may be established for this internship, however attendance at our monthly board meetings will be considered mandatory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be considered as reasonable to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work is of an administrative nature.
- This position requires a professional demeanor and an orientation towards customer service.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as a personal computer.
- This position requires good listening and communication skills.