Summer Intern - Apexus - Content Writer
The successful Apexus intern candidate will be responsible for completing assignments that are directly correlated with marketing efforts as planned for 2019. The intern will work closely with members of the marketing team and subject matter experts within the business to develop content for our stakeholders.
Responsibilities include from initial phases of identifying a subject or topic as relevant, to conducting the work necessary to fully understand the subject, dialogue with subject matter experts, potentially conduct minimal interviews, and ultimately Content might include pages for our web sites, blog articles, social media content, advertising content or ghost writing articles.
What we will do:
We will give you the tools and training necessary for you to succeed in our internship program while teaching you valuable skills that will transfer to your life outside of Vizient. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Meet with subject matter experts to identify content for marketing collateral.
- Write, shape, and develop content for publishing across various marketing channels, including web sites, emails, blogs, social media content and long form articles.
- Re-purpose content for use in integrated campaigns, catering to the writing style specific to each deliverable.
- Integrate with the marketing team on various projects as assigned.
What you will do:
- Utilization of Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint) to create project documents and deliverables.
- Communication with internal stakeholders to develop additional ideas and content platforms.
- Research and analyze content performance metrics and provide recommendations for enhancing the marketing distribution strategies.
What you will need:
- By program start, applicants must have completed their junior year as an undergraduate, or the summer before graduation for graduate level.
- Proficient in Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting across the team and with members.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with proven ability to keep projects on track.
- Flexible, action oriented, self-starter, team player.
Key 2019 Program Information:
The program requires a full ten week commitment by the intern to participate in all developmental experiences including formal training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and opportunities to interact with senior leaders. The Intern group also organizes a summer community service project and has teambuilding activities outside of work.
- Program starts June 3 and ends August 9.
- 40hrs per week and pay is $24 per hour.